Departure Lounge provides a range of innovative tools and technologies that facilitate your access to the Metaverse, along with creative services and Web3 expertise that utilize those technologies. Departure Lounge is based in the Metaverse capital of the world, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Tools & Technologies.
Departure Lounge offers an integrated suite of tools and technologies designed to facilitate the transfer of humans and objects into and out of the Metaverse. From premium volumetric capture through live performance capture, advanced motion capture, facial capture, and object scanning, each is an industry-leading capture solution that helps unlock the promise of the Metaverse.
Immersive 4D Volumetric Video Capture
Departure Lounge has partnered with leading 4D holographic capture pioneers, Metastage Inc. and is proud to announce the opening of our Metastage Vancouver studio in Spring 2022.
4D holographic capture is the process of turning any human performance quickly and easily into 3D models ready for use in video games, real time movie production, mobile applications.
Metastage is built on top of the most robust, commercially viable holographic capture pipeline in the industry, and is extensible to meet your needs
Live Show Capture
Departure Lounge is working with Vancouver-based live show capture innovators, Shocap Entertainment to bring live, blended reality performances to the Metaverse.
Move.ai Motion Capture Suite
Departure Lounge is proud to offer the Move.ai advanced, AI-powered markerless motion capture system. Experience Move.ai at the Departure Lounge or let us bring the system onsite or onset to you.
Departure Lounge provides turnkey web3 solutions. We have the expertise to enhance your team’s understanding of the blockchain and its potential opportunities to help you to create a blockchain strategy you can use today
Harness the potential of blockchain and gain valuable insights on your projects spanning, DeFi, NFTs, Web3, and Metaverse. From ideation to selecting the right protocol, our team turns your aspirations into practical application.
Our team of experienced creative professionals is developing cutting-edge mixed reality content for oursleves and other companies utilizing the output of the tools and technologies available at Departure Lounge. Concept Artists, Virtual Production Specialists, VFX Artists, or Realtime Development for Games, VR/AR, 3D Visualization and NFT creation and launching – we will help you create and deliver any type of mixed reality application. Check out this sizzle reel of our team members’ past work.
Meet The Team
The Departure Lounge team combines decades of experience across creative, technology and business development success.
- Vision-driven C-suite technology executive, strategist and company builder with over 25 years of experience across multiple technologies and international markets.
- Founding CEO & Chairman of Good Gamer Entertainment (TSXV: GOOD) – mobile gaming, daily sports fantasy, and esports streaming launched in India and North America.
- Early investor in early blockchain-based supply chain solution MineHub (CSE: MHUB)
- Chief Customer Officer, Look Lateral – blockchain-based fractional asset ownership & two-sided marketplace.
- Principal, Rampworth Consulting – consulted to Telus on mobile health platform.
- VP Corp Dev, First Growth Holdings – acquired subsidiaries & rebuilt ecommerce and marketing tech stack.
- VP Strategy & Development, Artspoints Rewards International – VC funded national loyalty rewards program for the Arts.
- Berkeley MBA (Entrepreneurship & New Venture Finance) / Chartered Director (C. Dir), McMaster University
- Senior Advisor, Project Management Professional and Certified Management Consultant with over twenty-five years of experience in the public, private and non-profit/community sectors.
- Owner / Director: Complex Projects Consulting Inc.: executive management consulting services focused on the development of social infrastructure.
- Board of Directors and Chair – Real Estate Committee at Great Northern Way Trust.
- Deep experience and expertise working with provincial Crown Corporations and Authorities with large land and project portfolios on transformative projects.
- 2012 Certified Management Consultant (CMC) Canadian Association of Management Consultants.
- 2009 Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute
- 2009 Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional Building Design and Construction (LEED AP BD+C) Canadian Green Building Council.
- 2008 Advanced Project Management Certificate, Langara College
- 2000 Real Estate Development Processes Certificate, UDI and Simon Fraser University
- 1991 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Urban and Economic Geography, University of British Columbia
- Member – Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CAMC)
- Member – Lambda Alpha International/Honorary Urban Land Economics Society (MLAI)
- Member – Urban Land institute (ULI) Vancouver Chapter
- Creative technology and digital media pioneer for twenty years.
- Contributing author, The Metaverse Roadmap (2007).
- Formerly CEO, Roadhouse Interactive (2010 – 2016) – 180-
person mobile game developer (Iron Maiden: Legacy of the
- Co-Founder, Cooper’s New Reality Garage (2018) – sold to
Truly Social Games (2019), acquired by LEAF Mobile (2021).
- Co-Founder, PlayChannel Inc (2019).
- Formerly Executive Director and Board Member, DigiBC
- Board Member, Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster.
- Chief Strategy Officer, AMPD Ventures Inc. (CSE: AMPD) –
High-Performance Cloud and Compute Provider –
the “hosting company of the Metaverse.”
- Founder, Departure Lounge Inc – Metaverse Initiatives (2021)
- Architect, 3D generalist, environment artist, and XR
specialist with over 10 years of interdisciplinary experience.
- Extensive background in Architecture and Design; focusing
on translating conceptual ideas into photo-realistic
- Specializing in building complex game and film
environments, set extensions, and real-time experiences
- Last year while attending a program at VFS, singlehandedly created the two most complex VR and AR student projects to date at the school.
- Currently looking to translate all these past experiences into
the immersive Metaverse medium
Click on each partner below to learn more
Need More Info?
Departure Lounge Inc. c/o #170-577 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1E1, Canada